Alright, this track was made for my friend UnOrthoFoxx over on twitch with the sole idea of making a "LoFi" track. As the guitar stan that I am, I started with a light reverb arpeggio between open G and C. To cap each bar I added a single kick. This Comprised backbone for the entire track.
With limited piano experience I noodled around with G and C chords on the piano with an Electric piano sound with a light phaser and tremolo. The G chord stuck out with an ascending C progression to comprise the main riff. Only think missing was a "LoFi" aesthetic so a middle higher EQ was added and a clean piano over the chords later in the riff.
The next part of the sample was added after a few bar break to add some space for a slowdown. A guitar with light reverb and tremolo played a high C chord transitioned at the start of each bar to a G. Some bars were skipped to continue to chill the sample down but added little movement. A piece of the synth progression as added at the end of the track to add some closure. With that the first half of the track was mostly done
Now that the general sound of the sample was done, I added some bass guitar to solidify the tone. The first part was two notes from the G and C alternated each riff start. The Second part was alternating between G and C note every bar again to increase the movement of the part with out removing the space. An ascending bass riff was added to to begin the the second half of the sample and was refined to be the backbone of the last part.
For the final half a piano progression descending from C to A started with a slow guitar chord strummed ever so often. An earlier guitar riff sits in the background to transfer from the piano riff to another snippet of the synth from the first part. But this was cut of early with a fade out. The slow guitar chord strum fades out last leaving the final track to close out the sample
Finally the last track used was a recording of a rain storm to cover the song. The lightest part of the storm was used as the heavier down pour sounded to close to amp static. As well the beginning and the end were increased in volume to make clear what lay in the background.
This is just my general music project. I'll probably just post small samples and maybe some demos here (most of it will be guitar music [Insert Car Seat Headrest meme]).